Re: background shorthand serialization issues

On Wednesday 2010-06-16 18:55 +0000, Brian Manthos wrote:
> c. http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/Overview.html#serializing-css-values
> "Where multiple CSS component values can appear in any order
> without changing the meaning of the value (typically represented
> by a double bar || in the value syntax), use the order as given in
> the syntax."

I don't think this is really what we want to specify.  (It's also
the first I've heard of this.)  It adds semantics to something that
previously didn't matter.

It might make sense to specify it that way for "future" drafts.
However, before specifying it that way for existing ones we should
compare to existing implementation behavior and to the results we
think are preferred.

-David