Re: [css3-text-layout] New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc.

On Jun 8, 2010, at 12:31 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

>> Beg my pardon but can we just leave @media for media?
>
> I'm fine with using pseudo-classes instead. But the two can express
> exactly the same, it's only a syntactical difference.

It is a difference of having writing pseudo-class selectors over and over again for each affected rule, or just once or twice for a big block of rules.

Personally, I don't think "does this person have the device set for vertical text" is any less of a media question than "does this person have the device set for at least 800px in width", or "does this person currently have the device in a vertical orientation" .  That aside, if we had '@writing-mode(ttb)' instead of '@media (writing-mode: ttb)', the effect is the same.