Re: [css3-text-layout] Towards better support of CJK user requirements (was New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc)

On Jun 1, 2010, at 3:04 PM, MURAKAMI Shinyu wrote:
>> I tested your example with WebKit (with s/Moz/webkit/), the result is:
> 32px
> 48px
> -webkit-margin-start: 2em; margin-left: 3em;
> 48px
>
> It seems correct. I'd like to standardize this behavior.

Standardize what behavior?  I don't believe there's any rule right now for serialization order of the properties in a declaration.  In David Baron's example, the style declaration has margin-left set, then margin-start set, and then finally margin-left is set again.  Some implementations may do an in-place mutation of the existing margin-left, and then an in-order serialization would put margin-left before margin-start.  Other implementations like WebKit always just remove the old property and a append a new version on to the end, resulting in a serialization order that puts margin-start before margin-left.

In other words, the serialization order you're seeing in that example is implementation-dependent.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)