Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Check, thanks. Then I'm not sure I understand how Aryeh knows Opera is correct. Note that I'm
> not saying he's wrong; I'm saying *I* don't get it :)

Because they both clearly define things in terms of Gaussian blurs,
just they treat the input differently.  SVG just treats it as an exact
number of standard deviations, while canvas halves it if it's 8 or
less, otherwise takes the square root of twice the number provided.
So a blur in SVG of 5 is the same as a blur in canvas of 12.5, since 5
= sqrt(2*12.5).