Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> OK so you mean that it works as you expect because you get the same result for equivalent inputs across SVG, canvas and CSS.
> That's what I thought but I wanted to check because I strongly support this criteria. Any solution that would require authors
> to monkey with input values when jumping from one feature to the other would be a fail imo.

Not exactly.  SVG takes a number of stdevs as input.  <canvas> takes
roughly twice the number of stdevs, with a different scaling factor
above and below 4stdev.  CSS takes a number with absolutely no defined
meaning right now, though in some cases it might be treated similar to
how <canvas> treats its input.