Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Tuesday 2010-07-13 16:25 -0700, Brad Kemper wrote:
> I was not the only one to think it should be described in a way
> that was measurable, testable, and author-predictable, and that
> the measure should be visually equal (in some way) to the length
> authored.

If you want that, the appropriate way to get that is to find out how
existing graphics systems do blurring and describe it using the same
terms already in use, not to invent a new set of terms and a new
mechanism that's different from what existing systems do.

-David