Re: [css3-mediaqueries][cssom] Empty media queries in stylesheets and the DOM

On Wednesday 2010-05-12 11:30 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> That seems like a sensible change. So
>
>   screen and (foobar), print and (foobar)
>
> turns into
>
>   not all, not all

Yes.

> Would appendMedium() still "ignore" the call if the parsed media
> query is ignored, as currently defined? I guess it might make more
> sense if it appends "not all" in that case.

I think it might -- it would save authors having to check whether it
actually increased the count as far as dealing with management of
the list.  But I don't feel strongly.

> When you serialize a
> list of media queries should it return "all" if the list is empty?
> Or just the empty string?

I tend to think the empty string is better.

-David