Re: Selecting for features

On 7/12/10 12:51 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> I think the underlying issue here is: when does a browser vendor make their
> platform declare support for a feature ?

This is fundamentally the "when does the browser vendor drop the vendor
prefix on the feature implementation?" question, right?

> Thus what we ideally want is a clear, verifiable criteria for a UA to claim support.
> For instance: the spec/feature is in CR, the testsuite for the spec/feature is
> stable, an implementation report has been submitted showing the browser passes all
> current testcases for the feature.

Again, sounds a lot like the vendor prefix situation.... (except for
that bit about test suites, of course, as demonstrated by the
availability of unprefixed display:run-in in the UAs that implement it,
for example).

-Boris