RE: A List Apart: Articles: Prefix or Posthack

If the new version shows a broken page, the browser usually gets first
blame, not the page.

> > It may also implicitly assume that most users do run the latest
> version of a
> > given browser.
>
> Why is that? Old browsers are not affected by newer browsers, only by
> the removal or changing of the properties in the style sheets.

Because it implicitly assumes that by the time the prefixed property is
removed, the older versions of the browser - those that can only handle
the prefixed version - are no longer around. This is not true of all
browsers and all environments as we know from IE6 and IT shops around
the world.