Re: min/max-height on cells and rows (was Re: [CSS21] Height of cell box should not be influenced by 'height')

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 2010-06-02 17:27 +1000, Peter Moulder wrote:
>> What effect, if any, should 'min-height' or 'max-height' have on table cells
>> or rows?
>
> I can see four possibilities:
[snip]

After reading through this again and thinking about it over the
holiday weekend, I've decided that I'm pretty loathe to make any
decisions here without a real table layout algorithm.  I can imagine
any of the possibilities I come up with ending up being incompatible
with a simple algorithm, or further complicating what is already
likely to be a fairly complex algorithm.

I'm also pretty certain that, like Brad, I just don't have enough of
an intuitive grasp on how table layout works in the browser quite yet,
and thus anything I try to decide on will be somewhat arbitrary.

So I'm reasonably certain that I support making it explicitly undefined in 2.1.