Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Au contraire. I said "in cases where the content is made especially for the
> output device", as opposed to general Web content. So the author would know
> the monitor dpi and UA default zoom choice.

Assuming 'device' here refers to _both_ the physical display _and_ the
UA, because otherwise there are no guarantees that the default zoom
chosen by one UA is the same as the one chosen by another UA.

> And in the case of user style sheets, these would be used where the user did
> know that the page scaling was always wrong when viewing Web pages in his
> browser.

Agreed for this case. But for the former, I still think that setting a
ratio between CSS and real world units would be more appropriate _and_
more robust than setting a more abstract zoom level.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta