Re: [CSS3-text] pixel positioning of underline (was text-underline-position and superscript

On 12/27/2010 1:10 AM, Ambrose LI wrote:
> 2010/12/27 Koji Ishii<kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
>> I think that’s a clear and good design choice font vendors have made. I hope you agree with this, but even if you don’t, you still have an option to use text-underline-position:under.
> I don't think I can call that a real option, since there's only one
> option to choose from. And it's too late to fix anything now.

 From the HTML5 <canvas> realm: I could really access to baseline
positioning metrics.

As of this point, I'm not really able to set two differently sized fonts
onto one shared baseline, in a run of text.

So, while we're talking about (and apparently shooting down) the idea of
adding support for arbitrarily set baselines,
per CSS units, I'd like to point out that I could really use support for
getting baseline calculations, much like getting other computed styles.

-Charles