Re: Two CSS challenges

Le 25 déc. 2010 à 15:31, Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :
>   text 1
>
> If I want to draw 1px solid red;
> border around that box how would I do so?

There is something strange in the request itself. I understand the appeal for such features… and if we push further the reasoning it seems to lead to regex (insert nightmare stories here :) ), *but* it isn't what markup is for, aka *marking up* texts with *tags* so they have a specific purpose.

if I understand the requirement

So we have
//select the div box
div
//select the p box inside the div
div p {}

// select the text inside div but outside p

which is different from XPath expression which select every text nodes under an element.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-matching-item

Then the evil is hidden in details

Would style apply to text 1 and text 3?

What's happening with spaces?

What's happenning with display: none on "div p"

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/