Re: Two CSS challenges

Le 26/12/10 02:16, Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :

> I want something like this:
>
> ::text
> {
> position:relative; left:1px; top:1px;
> }
>
> that is shift in both directions.

Consider a property allowing to "move" the vertical alignment
of a box by a given offset. That's what I suggested and it addresses
your need w/o introducing ::text.

> With ::text I can style both lines as
> "text 1<cr/lf> text 2"
> is wrapped into single anonymous [text] box.
>
> If <br/> was not declared as display:block; of course but that is
> another story.

Right. But I am saying that if you start targeting individual text
nodes, web designers will end up with bad side effects so they'll
ask for more.

   text1
   text3

your ::text { border: 1px solid black } will put a border around
text1 and text2. You can't target only one of them with ::text.

Text nodes should not be targeted through a pseudo-element. They
need something equivalent to a type element selector, same level,
same specificity. When you query the nodeName of a TEXT_NODE, the
DOM replies "#text". Unfortunately, "#" is already meaninful in
Selectors...

</Daniel>