From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Masayuki Nakano
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:28 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [css3-text] text-transform values should be grouped

Hi, fantasain, thank you for adding "large-kana" value to the text-transform property. It can improve accessibility on some Japanese websites.

The definition of the property is now:

 > Value: 	none | capitalize | uppercase | lowercase | fullwidth |
large-kana

But I think that we can separate the values except none to some groups and two or more transform should be able to be applied at same time.
Such as:

Value:
none | [[capitalize | uppercase | lowercase] || fullwidth || large-kana]

And I think that we should add "halfwidth" for converting fullwidth characters to halfwidth characters. Then, that will be:

none | [[capitalize | uppercase | lowercase] || [halfwidth | fullwidth]
|| large-kana]

thanks,

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.