Re: [css3-images] A specified algorithm for premultiplied gradients

Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> skreiv Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:51:01
+0100

.
>> 0. http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#color-stop-syntax

> Sure.  Would something like this be sufficient?
>
> """
> To transition colors in premultiplied space, first convert each color
> to rgba() notation.  Then, convert each to a 4-tuple where the first
> three elements are the red, green, and blue components multiplied by
> the alpha, and the fourth element is the alpha.  Then, linearly
> interpolate the respective components of these 4-tuples.  At each
> point, the color expressed in the 4-tuple can be extracted back into
> rgba() format by dividing the first three components by the alpha to
> regain the red, green, and blue component.
> """

Turns out I misunderstood the graphics people, and we don't really need
this. Personally, though, I wouldn't object to it being specified, so keep
it if you like.

--
Leif Arne Storset
Core Technology Developer, Opera Software