On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:10:23 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> P.S.  If I save that second file as .html, then behavior seems to be
> non-interoperable.  Gecko sees the "<![CDATA[" bit as part of the
> stylesheet data in HTML, and ignores some of the rules while Presto and
> Webkit do not.  I'm not sure whether Webkit and Presto strip it out at
> the HTML parser level or the CSS parser level, but this seems like
> something we should have a test for if we don't have one yet.

Looks like Gecko ignores *all* of the rules, and Presto/WebKit ignore the
first (which duplicates UA style anyway). All three have it as part of the
text node, so it seems like a CSS parser bug.

I'm not familiar with how "while observing the rules for matching pairs of
(), []," is supposed to be interpreted, but...

<!DOCTYPE html>
<title>Recovering parsing after [[</title>
    [[
    p { color: red !important; }
    p { color: green; }

(Gecko passes if one of the [ characters are removed)

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA