Re: [css3-images] Repeating oblique gradients

On Dec 1, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Having background-repeat do something different for linear and radial
> gradients is kinda horrifying.  Even worse is having the color-stop
> repetition for the two types of gradients be through different
> methods.  This combines both of these problems.  T_T

My opinion is that background-repeat should only ever cause tiling to happen. It should not do magic things with gradients, like behave as if the color-stops were duplicated. I think I agree with Tab here, but I'm not able to follow this whole conversation.

Simon