Re: [css3-2d-transforms] Interop: matrix() values e,f <number> or <length>

On 12/1/10 2:37 PM, Chris Marrin wrote:
>> I guess I wasn't clear.  "What are they?" isn't a question about what implementations do; it's a question about what the spec should say. "some unit distance which is not well defined" is not a good answer there.  ;)
>
> Right. Do you have a good answer?

Not yet.  What are the use cases for a CSSMatrix that's not attached to
an element?

> Now I think I was not being clear. When you construct a CSSMatrix, you can do it like this:
>
> 	var m = new CSSMatrix("translate(50%, 25%)");

Why?  What would you do with it afterward?

How is this different from translate(1em, 1em), by the way?  That has
the same issue, right?

-Boris