Re: [CSS21] Appendix E and "rendering tree"

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net> wrote:
> Appendix E defines "tree order" to mean
>
>  # Preorder depth-first traversal of the rendering tree, in logical
>  # (not visual) order for bidirectional content, after taking into
>  # account properties that move boxes around such as the 'run-in'
>  # value of 'display'.
>
> I was under the distinct impression that there is no guarantee that the
> rendering structure is a tree.

In practice, it is.  There was discussion about this at the FtF which
just took place; we really want to just bite the bullet and define the
box-tree properly.  Without it, describing the behavior of a run-in is
ridiculously circumspect, and the layout modules like Flexbox also
affect the box-tree.