Re: CSS Viewport proposal

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:27:16 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:03:02 +0200, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
> <kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess what you want is the following:
>>
>> 10. If the computed value of initial-scale is ‘auto’ and width is not
>> ‘auto’, set initial-scale = (available-width / width)
>> 11. If the computed value of initial-scale is ‘auto’ and height is not
>> ‘auto’, set initial-scale = MAX(initial-scale, (available-height /
>> height))
>> 12. If initial-scale is ‘auto’, set initial-scale = (available-width /
>> desktop-width)
>>
>> swap 11 and 12.
>>
>> 10. If the computed value of initial-scale is ‘auto’ and width is not
>> ‘auto’, set CALCULATED initial-scale = (available-width / width)
>> 12.  If initial-scale is ‘auto’, set CALCULATED initial-scale =
>> (available-width / desktop-width)
>> 11.  If the computed value of initial-scale is ‘auto’ and height is
>> not ‘auto’, set initial-scale = MAX(CALCULATED initial-scale,
>> (available-height / height))
>
> I tried <meta name="viewport" content="height=2000"> on Safari and it
> looks like initial-scale gets resolved to available-width/desktop-width,
> so yes, they should probably be swapped. (If I understand your usage of
> "CALCULATED" correctly, itshould apply everywhere it doesn't say
> "computed value of", so you seem to have missed a couple of cases.)

Kenneth: given that "initial-scale" refer to what you call "CALCULATED
initial-scale" because of this part from 6.1:

"Computed values refer to the computed values from the property
definitions. Other values refer to the values resolved/constrained to at
that point in the procedure. The values are initially resolved to their
computed values."

Am I right to assume that I can keep the wording, but swap 11 and 12?

--
Rune Lillesveen
Senior Core Developer / Architect