Re: [CSS21] Issue 121 (was: Issues with inline formatting model (particularly 10.8))

On 20/08/2010 18:28, Bert Bos wrote:
> This is text to resolve issue 121[1], which refers to item 9 in Anton
> Prowse's e-mail[2].
>
> Modify these two paragraphs in 10.8.1[3] as follows (indicated with
> <del>/<ins>):
>
>     When an element contains text that is rendered in more than one
>     font, user agents may determine the <ins>'normal'<ins> 'line-height'
>     value according to the largest font size.
>
>     Generally, when there is only one value of 'line-height' for all
>     elements, etc.</ins>), the above will ensure that baselines of
>     successive lines are exactly 'line-height' apart. This is important
>     when columns of text in different fonts have to be aligned, for
>     example in a table.

Nice, thanks!

(I don't think "block-level box is quite right – in fact I think it
should be "inline formatting context" since the type of the box isn't
what's important – but that's something fantasai can address as part of
the great box cleanup in Issue 120.)

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net