Re: CSS Viewport proposal

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:54:27 +0200, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems wrong:
>
> 11. If the computed value of initial-scale is ‘auto’ and height is not
> ‘auto’, set initial-scale = MAX(initial-scale, (available-height /
> height))
>
> How can you do max of something that is auto.

This is perhaps not very obvious given the naming, but see 6.1 - the
'initial-scale' "variable" at this point in the procedure is not
necessarily the same as the computed value. If it nevertheless is 'auto',
the third sentence of 6.1 addresses that.

> I use the following in my code:
> appliedScale = qMax(qreal(visibleWidth) / qreal(appliedWidth),
> qreal(visibleHeight) / qreal(appliedHeight));

(I don't work with C++, but if the computed value of width is auto, what
does qreal(appliedWidth) become in this case?)

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA