Re: [css21][css3][svg] SVG and unit-less length values

On Aug 13, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:

> It it surely possible to define some arbitrary unit 'px' with an equation
> 96px == 1inch == 0.0254m, but not the other way round ...

And if I hook my computer up to a projector, how does the UA know how far away the screen is, in order to determine what proportion of the video an inch or a meter represents? There are many cases where the size of the viewport in actual physical measurements is not known reliably.