Re: CSS Viewport proposal

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:07:19 +0200, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com> wrote:

> 8. If maximum-scale is ‘auto’, set maximum-scale = 5, and
> minimum-scale = MIN(5, minimum-scale)
>
> I beleive that the default max on the iPhone is 1.6. I personaly had
> to up that to 1.8 due to that being out aspect radio. If I didn't do
> that, making the same area visible (but zoomed in) after rotation from
> portrait to landscape wasnt possible. The iPhone applies or substracts
> this extra zoom when being rotated IF that is possible given the scale
> restrictions.

Testing iPhone OS 4 (see proposal for exact version), gives me a default
maximum-scale value of 5. It has most likely been different in previous
versions, which also Apple's documentation suggests.

For instance, I've tried to load this in portrait mode and then flip it
into landscape which still shows the page zoomed in (scale factor of 2.4):

> Maybe that is a useful note for the spec.

It should probably say something about re-evaluation of used values if
device-width/device-height/available-width/available-height changes, yes.

--
Rune Lillesveen
Senior Core Developer / Architect