Re: [CSS21] anonymous blocks vs run-ins; and Distinguishing block boxes proposal

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 09:24:30PM +1000, Peter Moulder wrote:

> Regarding the more general problem of specifying the interaction between
> these two sections, the complicated behaviour I've seen makes me inclined to
> wait until we're looking at adding the text that describes the box tree (what
> boxes are siblings or children of what other boxes).

I ought to be more explicit there: part of the reason I suggest the above
is in case it ends up that interactions among the various anonymous block
transformations and run-in manipulations and pseudo-element things and
generated content (such as with list-style-position:inside markers) get
specified as part of the description of box tree generation.  I would expect
that at least some of these things happen as part of generating boxes in
existing implementations.

pjrm.