Re: Suggestion: A new text attribute to scale the size of text to follow the size of a box

On 4/30/10 6:08 AM, sam wrote:
> So what is really being asked for is the ability lock a block's
> font-size to its height: this.font-size = this.height ...

This isn't doable in general.  Consider this case:

     Some text

What's the height of the div?

 > Very useful when making buttons of different sizes.
 > The text would allways keep to the size of the button.

As someone who habitually browses with a 13px minimal font size set, I
can tell you that people who do this sort of thing right now end up with
text in their buttons wrapping and covering up other things...  Makes
some websites well-nigh unusable.

-Boris