Re: Display

On 4/27/10 4:35 PM, Colt Antonio Pini wrote:
> 	This would reset the display to the original display of the element. For example, I have a span and this definition in my stylesheet:
>
> span {display:block;}
>

> The intended action of a default would be to reset the element to the original display. So adding this :

> Would restore the display of the span to the original, inline.

What makes that value "original", though?  For <span> it's the default
value of the display property, but for <div> I assume you would want
"block" instead... which is just something that's set in a stylesheet.
How are you dividing up the stylesheets that should or should not be
taken into account when "default" is set?

> Defined -
>
> 	This would define the display by the next highest definition of the element.

Meaning what?

> Using the last example adding this to my stylesheet:
>
> span {display:block;}
>
> then adding this into the inline style:

> Would restore the definition in the style sheet of display:block;

I'm not sure I follow.  Can you describe the behavior here in terms of
the CSS cascade instead of by example?

-Boris