Re: [CSS21] 10.3.7 & 10.6.4 - Absolutely positioned elements and incompatible offsets

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net> wrote:

> It's a little naughty of the spec to lead one into thinking that an
> illegal used value for 'width' were being prescribed in 10.3.7 (and, of
> course, in 10.3.3, which also didn't occur to me to look at), only to
> then pull the rabbit out of the hat in 10.4 by qualifying it as
> "tentative";  I would prefer a note in the introduction to 10.3 (and by
> analogy, 10.6), such as the following:
>
>  | The used value for 'width' calculated according to the rules in this
>  | section is tentative, being subject to the rules in 10.4.

I agree that such a clarification would be useful, almost necessary,
to the comprehensibility of the spec.
Not only you, I'm always a bit 'uncertain' about the interpretation of
the current formulation, where a previous computation is only later
qualified as tentative...

Regards,
Bruno

--