Re: [cssom] CSS Value API

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> And throws if the "wrong" one is accessed?
>>>

>> I think when it can be converted we should allow for that.
>>

> OK.

What are cases where it can be converted? Are you thinking something like
converting em to px? I don't think we should transparently do conversions
like this. It would make sense if you had something like
element.computedStyle.margin.l[0].px, but for declared styles it seems like
we should throw. If we do decide to convert, there should at least be a
simple way to check if the value is set in px, em, whatever without
resorting to string parsing.

Ojan