RE: Another cut on the Character-Transform Property

At the risk of re-opening a thread that was not productive, I have thought of one more alternative to "character-transform". (This topic is on the agenda for discussion today which is why a message now.)

Since "character-transform" seems too general why not "character-shift" for that is the "transform" that is being performed. I will admit, however, that this name still does not really suggest that the property causes the use of special characters within the font rather than artificially simulating these characters by a size and vertical-alignment change. It just seems more suggestive of what is being done. (I would also be happy with something like, "use-font-shift" which is more descriptive of what is being done.)

Steve Zilles