Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox issues

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> In case of flex units and 'flow' property we can use [1]
> CSS property 'clear' with its standard values and exactly
> with the same meaning. No new entities are required.
>
> This:
>
> div.container { flow:horizontal-flow; }
> div.container > * { width:*; height:*; }
> div.container > :nth-child(2n+1) { clear:right; }

clear doesn't work sufficiently, though the idea is indeed the same.
clear only allows left or right, which is fine for horizontal
flexboxes, but not vertical ones.  Further, reverse-direction
flexboxes might interact oddly.

Better to have a single value that just means "break the line", than
having to worry about whether you need left or right, or top or
bottom, or what.  I'm fine with 'clear' remaining part of the static
layout model only.