Re: [css3-background] Curved borders intersecting backgrounds of inner boxes

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:22 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> On 04/12/2010 10:38 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>

>> What I'm getting at, is that this is not just an issue for
>> 'border-radius', it is also for 'background-clip'. We should add
>> something to ¡®background-clip¡¯ similar to what we are saying about
>> border-radius:
>>
>>    Other effects that clip to the border or padding edge (such as
>>    ¡®overflow¡¯ other than ¡®visible¡¯) also must clip to the box
>> indicated
>>    by 'background-clip'.
>
> What if there are multiple 'background-clip' values?
>
> I think 'background-clip' should just affect backgrounds, not other
> things like 'overflow'. 'border-radius' affects other properties
> because it changes the shape of the border and padding (and content)
> edges, but only affects them in that it changes that shape.

Good point. So then how do you determine the "appropriate" curve for
border-radius overflow clipping? The CR says it is based on
'background-clip', but you are saying that should not affect overflow.

However 'border-radius' determines its clipping shape, it should work
the sane if you have 'border-radius:0' (the initial value). Am I
missing something here?