From: Alberto Lepe <dev@alepe.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:53:41
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [css3-values] (Editorial) Possible contradiction with css3-color?

Revising the Color Module document, I feel that "color" property
should not be included as part of the Color Module. It sounds strange,
I know, as the "color" property seems to be directly related to
"Color" type. However, "color" property only affects fonts. Without
any text, "color" property does not have any effect, am I right?
Actually it should be named "font-color" property IMHO. But "color"
its simpler, shorter and already known by everyone (so Its better to
keep it like that). My suggestion for the next revision would be to
move "color" property to the font module. In a similar way like
"background-color" or "border-color" are treated in "backgrounds and
borders" module.
I feel that the Color Module should focus mainly in the "Color" type,
and perhaps also in the "opacity" property (as it is now).