Re: transitions vs. animations

On Apr 9, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2010, at 1:50 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>
>> All are shorter, easier to spell, and will not be confused with
>> 'transform'.
>
> If I were going to start changing 'trans***" words, I'd start with 'transform', which is math-speak for "move". For avoiding confusion, I support changing "animation-duration" to "animation-period".

"transform" is much more than "move". It encompasses translation, scale, rotate, skew, perspective, combinations of those and even a few interesting transformations that can't be represented by those primitives. As for "transform" being too close to "translation", I don't share your confusion and I think it would be a mistake to change the name to something less descriptive because they look a bit close to you. Just look at them for a while, you'll get used to it :-)

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com