Re: [css3-transitions] Adding keyframes to transitions

On Apr 7, 2010, at 2:44 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I would like to see an additive effect so, if I have a "wobble"
>> animation
>> that alters left back and forth over time coupled with a transition
>> that
>> moves from right to left, then the result would be a wobbled
>> slide.  Not a
>> wobble with a sudden jerk to the final position.
>
> I've got no problem with such a concept, there just isn't a way to do
> that with keyframes right now.

Well right now, there is nothing in the draft for a 'transition-
triggered-animation' (or whatever we want to call it) that is part of
the 'transition' shorthand. So nothing is defined for that, and we can
make it work how we want.

> I totally think it's *possible* to
> augment keyframes to do so, though.  I believe this can be done easily
> enough as an extension to the current Animations draft, though, and
> doesn't *need* to be specified right now.  In other words, I don't
> think we need to change our current design ideas to accommodate making
> relative animations, or animations that can refer to both the start
> and end state, in the future.

Since it is not 'animation:', but rather an animation-value-like
argument for a 'play()' function, we need to define how it works
there. I've said how I think that should be defined.