Re: transitions vs. animations

2010-04-07 16:52, Tab Atkins Jr. skrev:
> The "play-in" and "play-during" I suggested are exactly the same as
> the current Animations draft - play-in animations are just finite
> iterations, while play-during are infinite.  There is no concept of
> "events" or "states" invented to handle them; they trigger purely
> through CSS values changing, exactly like the current Animations
> draft.  "play-out" is nothing more than the inverse of the "play-in"
> conditions.

The current wave of discussion started because there was a desire to
simplify syntax. But now a whole new concept ("conditions") is invented
because designers find scripting to hard? How is this simplifying anything?

Additionally I would like to know how that will work in this use case:

.foo {
     // some animation for "play-out"
}

.bar {
     // some animation for "play-in"
}

document.getElementsByClassName("foo")[0].className = "bar";

Which animation will play and why?

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/