Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:39 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> I have no objection to implementing this, though.  (I'd sort of like
> to hear an opinion from Molly or somebody else involved in teaching
> CSS to newcomers, though.)

In my experience teaching #C0C0C0 to a new comer is easy, they see it
as a Label or a code.
And for those who are interested, you can explain how to compute it.
But for the case of rgb(), first of all it looks like a function and
everybody will see it as complex scientific function
so you start explaining the mathematics behind it and at end most
newcomers will get completely lost.

How can a base 256 parameter for rgb() ever become easier to teach
than a hexadecimal?