Re: Removal of other semantic elements

On Apr 5, 2010, at 10:37 AM, John Foliot wrote:

> Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>> But if you don't like my change proposals, I would enjoy reading your
>> counter proposals.
>>

> Requesting a point of clarification from the Chairs:
>
> Recently, Shelley put forth a number of Change Proposals that seeks to
> remove semantic elements from the Draft Specification of HTML5. In the
> ensuing dialog around these proposals, Shelley indicates that those
> that
> disagree with her proposals should (Must? May?) put forth alternative
> proposals, or counter proposals.
>
> My question to the chairs is: if I am personally satisfied that the
> current Draft is fine as written, am I obliged or recommended to put
> forth
> either a counter-proposal or alternate change proposal (which would
> read -
> don't change)? I fundamentally disagree with Shelley's proposals,
> reasoning and rationale, and would like to know specifically how to
> respond - if indeed any further response is appropriate. To date, I
> have
> indicated my disagreement via the HTML WG Mailing List, as well as
> other
> fora outside of the HTML WG
> (http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/2010/html5-details-element-built-in-and-bolt
> -on-accessibility/), however if there is a more formal requirement
> needed
> to counter these proposals I would very much like to be aware of it.

The Chairs have not yet decided what action to take next on these
issues. No one is obligated to create a counter-proposal until and
unless we issue a call for counter-proposals. Right now, the
appropriate way to express your support and opposition to these Change
Proposals is discussion on the mailing list, assuming there are still
new points to be made.

Regards,
Maciej