Re: Single-line comments

2010-04-03 22:08, Glen skrev:
> I see.
>
> Well, I don't think it's a huge optimization that should prevent
> single-line comments from being implemented. UAs can simply be changed
> to collapse spaces/tabs only, right?

I have no opinion on single line comments. (Except that I occassionally
use the by force of habit from PHP/JS/C/Java, etc.)

I do however suppose that the first thing an optimizer would do is to
strip out all comments, before it starts to remove all whitespace, just
like it works in JavaScript minification.

This means that current optimizer would need to be rewritten, but that
is trivial. There might be other valid concerns, but optimization is not
an usable argument here.

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/