Re: Border-Images and 'round': CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:

>>> It's reduce-only to avoid losing resolution, yes. Probably that
>>> restriction
>>> should be lifted for vector images at least.
>>>

>> At least. At worst, the raster image will be no worse that images with the
>> "stretch" keyword. If authors are concerned, they can build more resolution
>> into their source images, or have them scaled down in 'border-image-width'.
>>
>> Or, alternately, we could favor reductions by having any space that was
>> less than say 25% of a tile size result in widening, and everything else
>> resulting in width reduction.
>>

> Ok, I've updated the spec to say this.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/csswg/css3-background/Overview.src.html.diff?r1=1.167&r2=1.168&f=h
>
> Bert, do you agree with this change?
>
> ~fantasai

Those look like all good changes to me (your dif Web page is a nice way
review them too!).

One thing I noticed:

   - In line 984 where you are changing "direction" to "dimension", it looks
   like you missed one in the parentheses (assuming that was unintentional).