RE: [css3-multicol] floats that overflow columns

I agree, removing cross-column intrusion from core multicol spec would make it easier to get interoperable implementations. GCPM floats would be perfect place for that...

I am not sure what does "scale" refer to. The test case link isn't working - Hakon, can you check it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Håkon Wium Lie [mailto:howcome@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:53 AM

My test case is here:

   http://people.opera.com/howcome/2009/multicol.html

This indicates that, perhaps, intrusion is too complex for now and that we should:

  - remove it as a requirement
  - make sure it can be cleanly added later (in GCPM, perhaps)

The easiest thing is probably to say that content should be scaled as per the specified value, but clipped in the middle of the column. The "right" answers would then be:

                    SCALES IMAGE    CLIPS IMAGE  CLIPS TEXT BETWEN COLUMNS
all                 yes             yes          yes, in middle of gap

Does this make sense?

-h&kon