Re: [CSSOM] offsetWidth, offsetLeft issues

On 10/17/2009 12:42 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:
> In CSS2, A CAPTION has its own content, padding, margin, and border areas.
>
> The CAPTION's margin collapses with its TABLE's margin, and its border
> that is adjacent to its TABLE collapses with its table border.
>
> IE treats css differently with CAPTION.

If I recall correctly, the CSS WG decided that that margins weren't
going to collapse anymore when a clarification was asked for WIE8. I
don't ever recall anything about the borders collapsing.

Oddly, I see the new diagram in the CSS2.1 CR, but it still has "Diagram
of a table with a caption above it; the top margin of the caption is
collapsed with the top margin of the table." as the diagram caption even
though the diagram doesn't depict collapsed margins...