Re: Styling HTML5 elements

On Oct 15, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> The downside is that you don't get the subtle color blends or the
> horizon line when it is empty. I'd rather do this:
>
> clip: rect( calc( 30px, 130px, 130px, 0px );
> apply-effect: clip, background-image(0);
>
> To clip just the single background-image that acts as the guage.

Sorry, I meant to remove calc() to make the basics of this more
obvious, but I left a little behind in that example (and also
miscalculated the number). I should have done it like this:

clip: rect(34px, 130px, 130px, 0px );
apply-effect: clip, background-image(0);

Thus the 130px diameter, zeroth layer background is clipped at 34px
from the top, and in practice would perhaps be replaced by: 'calc
((1.00-.74)*130)' to get a "74% full" indicator, or by your even more
specific to the example calculation: 'calc( attr("value",integer) /
attr("max",integer) * 130px )'.