Re: [css3-background] possibly too late for last call, but: background-opacity?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Lee Owen <fleeboy@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for your reply and your drop-shadow proposal page! Thats a very
> flexible approach.
>
> Could you target specific background images in a multi-background element?
> For example:
>
>  opacity:0.5; apply-to(opacity, background-image(1,2,4) +
> background-color);

Sorry, I kind of screwed that up the first time. I meant to write this:

opacity:0.5;
apply-effect:opacity, background-image + background-color;

And you're right; I didn't originally account for multiple backgrounds. I
like the way you have it, and would say that background-image and
background-image(0) would be equivelent. So, without my messed up notation
on using this as a property, it would actually look like this:

 opacity:0.5;
apply-effect:opacity, background-image(1,2,4) + background-color;

>  and would these properties be able to be animated?

'opacity' would be, but 'apply-effect' or 'visibility' would not be. It
would just continue to be the same throughout. So, if the effect
(opacity) only applied to the background, then you would be animating the
opacity of the background, and leaving the borders opacity, etc. alone.