RE: [css3-background] border-image-slice fill and background-image

> Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > The current editor's draft [1] allows the author to preserve the
> center
> > region of the border image using the fill keyword. How does this
> interact
> > with the background-image property ?
> >
> > [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/
>
> It's painted over the backgrounds:
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#border-image-process item 4
>
> Do you have a clarification to propose? :)

I of course got to that part after sending the message...Even if it is redundant, I think it would be helpful to the reader to mention this as part of border-image-slice prose i.e. after

+ The middle image part is discarded (treated as fully transparent) unless the 'fill' keyword is present.

Add:

+ If 'fill' is specified, the middle image is drawn over the background of the element according to the steps described in the 'Border-image drawing process' section.