Re: radial-gradient() proposal

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, where the X-axis points left and the Y-axis points down, and positive
>> 90deg being the angle taken from the X-axis to the Y-axis (ie. clockwise).
>
> Well, that's just crazy talk. X-axis points right and Y-axis points up in
> the geometry textbooks I've seen. Even for background-position, X points
> right, not left.

I'm pretty sure he meant the X-axis points right.  All the mathematics
I know has the Y-axis pointing up, but it seems like in computer
graphics, the Y-axis often points down.  It's confusing to me too,
coming from a mathematical background, but it's better to stick to the
convention already used in CSS.