Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] Request to remove no-clip value from background-clip

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2009, at 6:32 PM, "Robert O'Callahan"
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:
> I'd like to request that the value of no-clip on background-clip be
> dropped from the backgrounds/borders draft.  The behavior seems
> somewhat arbitrary to me, and it can create some really bizarre
> visual overflow situations.  I'd love to see a use case for it, as
> implementing this value is going to be rather complicated....
> allowing boxes to have visual overflow as a result of background
> images is a step I don't want to take unless there's a really
> compelling reason to do so.
>
> I completely agree and I think dbaron does too.
>
> Rob

Wouldn't it be useful in case where you had, say, a logo watermark
image centered behind a paragraph, and you didn't want it to be
clipped or resized if the text was not enough lines to ensure
otherwise, and you didn't want the paragraph to have a min-height?