Re: Why "color"

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Guys, stop this worm on 'color' which is actually pestering my mailbox.

You apparently missed that the conversation (correctly in my mind)
evolved to the more general issue of limitations to a single human
language for markup tokens.

>It has been spellt COLOR for over 10 years; give it up and concentrate
> your energy on something that could be experienced as really useful.

Does not validate:

-- spellt --> spelt

-- "As it has been so shall it always be" is not in the W3C mission
statement. By the same logic, we should still be running
Teletypesetter (TTS), the first binary language that had markup for
presentation purposes. E.g., "six-bit TTS has been our standard since
1928. We must continue strictly adhering to that standard despite
computers having been invented since then."

Best regards,

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council