Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image

My objection to building shadows into the border-image itself (and I
say this knowing full well that we do this on OS X right now, e.g.,
iChat), is that the shadows then become part of the the object's
border box.

We have shadows built in to border images in iChat, and we have all
this negative margin trickery to simulate the fact that the shadows
should be pushed out beyond the border.  It's gross.

If the issue is having full control of what a shadow looks like, and
being able to specify some kind of image for the shadow, then why
don't we just extend box-shadow to support images?

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)